This Blueberry and Cinnamon Omelette may sound a bit strange but trust me it tastes absolutely fabulous. It also goes against the no fruit rule, but I’ve found with such little amount of blueberries added it causes no spike for me. I’d advise trying it and testing to see for yourself. I saw it posted on Twitter so decided to give it a try, made a few tweaks of my own to it. It also gives me a break form my usual Cheese and Meat Omelette, I eat omelettes everyday as they don’t contain many carbs, and the eggs keep me felling full till lunch time. We still need to keep on an eye on the amount of saturated fat that we consume even on low carb. This especially applies if your a big cheese fan like myself. I have clocked up sometimes 3 meals that contain cheese in a day, thats a lot of added saturated fat.
2/3 eggs (depends how big you want your omelette, I find I’m not hungry with 3 eggs as I’m missing cheese that I usually have)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
pinch of ground nutmeg
pinch of cinnamon (extra to dust over the top once cooked)
drizzle of double cream (I also add a splash to my egg mixture before I cook it as it mixes more throughly)
- Heat butter/coconut oil in frying pan on med/high heat
- Add blueberries once oil is hot enough, let cook for a minute or so whilst you mix your eggs, vanilla essence, cinnamon, dash of cream and nutmeg.
- Add your egg mixture to your pan and cook, moving the mixture from the bottom of the pan as it cooks to stop in sticking and also letting the liquid on top reach the heat.
- Finish top off under the grill for a minute
- Serve and dust with cinnamon and a drizzle of double cream.
**Carbs 6g/Protein 18g if you use large eggs **